Monday, December 13, 2010

Some Christmas Wishes

This card is on it's way to some family now, but I was having some fun on the weekend with crafting and made this card using Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #103 as the basis. Her sketch was actually square, but I just adjusted so I could fit in a traditional envelope.


I should've added some shimmer to the embossed chocolate chip layer and some bling beside the sentiment, but it's already on it's way East, so too bad for me =)

I had a fabulous weekend with some Christmas celebration, some volunteering, some crafting and some time with MrP. I was up ridiculously early this morning (3:30), so I finished the treat bags I wanted to make for the girls at my barn, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be needing a nap when I get home from work!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend and this card is lovely! And it's flat ;) No more lumpy bumpy stuff for my Xmas cards for next year...I spent way too much on extra postage. Just goes to show how beautiful something can be with out every bell and whistle added on. Love the colors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Tanis. Great colour combo and use of Mercy's sketch. Great use of the holly image with the berries too. I"m sure the recipient will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card and those pops of red are perfect to highlight the berries! Woohoo for finally being able to comment on your blog, Tanis!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love, love those holly berries...lucky girls at the barn :) I handed out some chocolates and cards to some close coworkers today...I loved sneaking around early to put them on their desks :) Have a restful night :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis