Thursday, December 2, 2010

Celebrate Your Day

Oh how I'm loving my new PTI! I received an extra special package this week from my sweet (and ultra talented) friend, Andrea, so the polka dots on this card are compliments of the fun Year 3 Anniversary set from PTI that she sent me. Love 'em and can't wait to use more of the stamps. In the meantime, I need to get my Christmas on in a big way....but first, my travelling partner in crime's birthday is coming up next Tuesday and I needed to ship her gift off, which meant I needed to get a perfect card created for her!

My Signature Greetings set got some inky love and I used Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch 94 for the layout. I also used the colors from Color Dare 87. The challenge was Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum & Concord Crush but since I don't have Concord Crush, I had to use Elegant Eggplant.




And here's a few pics from our trip to Mexico...

Tubing the River at Xel-Ha

Me being a ham in the hallway of our hotel

Xel-ha

Resort-side Ocean

If only we'd had Ocean Views, this is what our rooms would've looked out to

As it was, I can't complain - we had +29 weather while Edmonton had -29. Aside from some child experiences which were good reminders of why I don't have kids, and a day of tequila/cerveza which is already forgotten, we had a wonderful time!

8 comments:

  1. OMGosh! I don't know what I love more, that card or the photos :) :) :) Love the dots and how they match those pearls curving around the sentiment. You are the traveling queen lately...It looks so warm and beautiful and like you had an awesome time. Snow has finally arrived here, so those beautiful blue skies are what I need to see right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Tanny!! You did a fabulous job using the Color Dare colours! Love the sponging on the sentiment panel and PTI dots are too cute. Great use of that sketch too. You rocked this card :)

    Love the pictures of Mexico! Brings back wonderful memories of Costa Rica. Glad you got to get away and hoping you aren't freezing too much at home now LOL! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card and I am so jealous, your pics of Mexico look like you had a lot of fun and maybe even got a little R&R!!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at the Color Dare!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card - I love all the circular elements!!! Thanks for joining us in the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. jealous, jealous, jealous!! not just of your trip, but of your famous inking of the circle...still can't do it properly. So glad you are loving your PTI goodies...we just got some yesterday too :) Loving all the photos of your trip :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dang girl! Look at you! Wondered where you'd been, but I shoulda known!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh purply goodness!!! I love purple and this card absolutely sings to me!!! Your sponging is absolute perfection! The polka dot background is FABULOUS!!! I knew you would make the set shine!!!! Love the dew drops around the outside too - STUNNING!!!
    The trip looks amazing - tubing down the river looks so relaxing :) And that beach, OMG!!!! So jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love the layout! Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis