Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cookie for Breakfast?

Oh wait...that's just me with the bad habits on the morning after our Annual Treat Exchange. =) This was year four! Since MrP and I won't be around for Christmas, we opted to forgo the large Christmas tree and instead went with our apartment sized 3 footer - in part so I can continue to use the fireplace in December! 

Mantle
Petite Tree

Copycat Levain Bakery Cookies I made for the treat exchange

Chelsey's delish shortbread

Chelsey making punch

Shelly's outstanding coconut macaroons
They're more like what I've always known as a meringue cookie, but oh my are they tasty. She brought an extra bundle for MrP but he hates coconut, so I got them....and I've eaten two of them for breakfast!

And then the babe arrived. This is my newest nephew, Matthew....
I told his mom to get out of my house for forcing him to wear this horrible Mariners toque
(nobody likes the Mariners", I told her) until I saw the cute baseball pom on top and then I allowed it.
They just came back from a weekend trip to Seattle the day before where Matt was a complete saint.

Shelly & Mandi
I LOVED Mandi's awesome basket - I felt like Red Riding Hood when I was unloading it, then it was the first basket to repack since I was enjoying carrying it around!

Chelsey, Querida & Julie
Q & J have worse halves that work with MrP and we've all become friends from having to drag their sorry butts around. Convenient that J lives close by, too!

3/5 of the PCL Homegirls as I've decided to call us!

Birds Eye view of treats (post analysis)
and by post analysis, I mean having sneak tastes of a bunch of stuff by yours truly,
then detailed analysis (read: tasting) by MrP.

Good eats!

And a bunch of goodies for the Humane Society!

On Saturday, I created what might just be my favorite Christmas card I've created yet, but I have to wait a few days for it to arrive at it's destination...just in case it's recipient checks over here before it gets there! I used the fabulous color combination from Stacy's Curtain Call Color Challenge 58. I'm late to the punch, but it sure did make a fun non-traditional Christmas card!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous time together :) Nothing beats fun times with good friends and what a bonus of having some great goodies to enjoy after they all leave :) Loved the pics. Darling little tree :) Love the mantel. The horse is fabulous as is that cute little Inukshuk. Have a great day and can't wait to see your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look so yummy!!! Good thing I'm full from the Toys for Kids breakfast!! What a great thing you have going with your girlfriends and sister...what a sweetie of a nephew :) I love how all the packages are so different and unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun fun! That is the best way to get lots of different cookies without all the work :) Plus, lots of fun visiting with friends, and well that baby is just the cutest thing ever! I would have said that tree was the cutest, but the baby won out ;)
    Thanks for posting the pics and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay...I finally get to see! I'm zoning in on the pics above the mantle (so pretty) and the coconut macaroons which I would probably come and snitch especially since you seem to have extras! Crazy Mr. P. Love the baby, the friends and the fun of your holiday tradition.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis