Friday, December 31, 2010

Last bit of Green Bay - Happy New Years Eve!

So before the year ended, I wanted to share the last of my pictures from our trip to Green Bay, Wisconsin (where I was rather disappointed that I didn't get any darn Almond Joys - good thing my great buddy Karin hooked me up with a little Christmasy treat box with some!! Thanks, K!)

Anyways, let's get to the pics....cuz the last ones are from tonight - and MrP rocked my supper request!

Brett Favre's Steakhouse
(along the wall to the left is the parking lot area where we partook in the Tailgating party)

Corner of Holmgren Way and Brett Favre Interception...errr...Pass

MrP in front of Lambeau

Vince Lombardi
(also known - probably only by me - as Mr. Superbowl since the Superbowl trophy has his name on it!)

Curly Lambeau, founder of the Green Bay Packers
(also has his name on the field...what a coincidence)

Field view from a small Skybox

Yeah, he could get used to this

Skybox view from their game seats
(and a bargain at only $40K - but you don't get your own washroom)

Paul Hornung donated his Heisman when he became a Packer Legend

Packers players tunner

Plaque at the end of the tunnel

MrP feeling the Kentucky Blue Grass/Synthetic string mix

Pair o' nerds

Lambeau Leap requires some good momentum - it's higher than I expected

Supa' nerd

More nerds

Field from the end zone

 Cheese Curds in Curly's Pub
(now I see what all the fuss is about - good thing I don't live there!)

Tasty local beer

Exact replica of the Minnesota Vikings trophy case
(we took this photo just for my old roommate who is a Vikings fan)

Duh...

Three Superbowl trophies

Bart Starr's donated rings!

Cherry Starr's necklace
(it started off as a bracelet that Bart had made for her, but they won too often)

Finally, my appetizer supper challenge for MrP from tonight resulted in an amazing meal!
Spinach Salad in Parmesan Frico Cup, Spicy Crab Cakes with Lemon Aoli and
Seared Scallops with Balsamic Cream Sauce. WOWZA!



  
Looks like he learned a little something in NYC!


Happy New Years everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! Especially love the one of the smiling nerds ;) What a fabulous experience. You're going to have a hard time topping that pressie for MrP. Wishing you a fabulous 2011 ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZA! Looks like a GREAT time! My boys would have loved to follow you both around like little kids! LOL

    FAB dinner plate! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All around awesome :) Looks like you had a great trip and that meal is amazing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos Tanny! That's my kinda nerdiness!!! What a great trip - tour of THE Lambeau Field! Niiice! Love the replica of the Vikings trophy case - had to show your pics to my hubby and he laughed hysterically at that one!!! Mr. P 's meal has got my tummy rumbling - off to get some dinner. Although, it'll probably be spaghetti-o's or KD... not that there's anything wrong with KD :) Have a great 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Tanny! You made this nerd smile too! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis