Sunday, September 12, 2010

Le Bernardin

 If you're in NY....go HERE!!! As evidenced by the photos below, you won't regret it!

Tuna Tartare with Ginger Spears

Sourdough & Brioche

Smoked Yellowfin Tuna "Prosciutto"; Japanese Pickled Vegetables and Crispy Kombu
Paired with Chablis, "Vieilles Vignes", Domaine Savary, Burgundy 2007

Poached Pastured Egg; Osetra Caviar; Mariniere Broth and English Muffin
Paired with Krug, Grande Cuvee

Seared Langoustine, Mache, Wild Mushroom Salad; White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Paired with Riesling Feinherb, Karthäuserhof, Mosel, Germany 2008

Think I had enough drinks? That's the "House Cocktail to the left"
$23 - served us right for not asking the price first. LOL!

Pan Roasted Cobia; Hon Shimeji Mushrooms; Turnip - Ginger Emulsion; Sake Broth
Paired with Meursault, Les Charrons, J. M. Boillot 2007

Baked Lobster; Pickled Golden Beet, Fennel and Citrus “a la Nage”
Paired with Sauvignon Blanc, Klausen, Neumeister, Austria 2008

Crispy Black Bass, Lup Cheong and Beansprout “Risotto”, Mini Steamed Buns, Hoisin-Plum Jus
Paired with Sauvignon Blanc, Klausen, Neumeister, Austria 2008

Apricot Sphere, Fig, Sour Cherry Pearl, Candied Angelica
Paired with Malaga Seleccion Especial No. 1 - Jorge Ordonez, Spain 2007 
The most delicious Muscato....gotta find this!
The apricot sphere was incredible. when you cut it, it opened like a soft boiled egg...with apricot goodness all over the bowl. So delish. I could've finished with this.


Hello, Cutie! Can I have your rum? Sweet...thanks! 

Let me just say...I hate hazelnut. I mean, like MrP loathes mushrooms, I loathe hazelnut. This was hazelnut & chocolate (1/2 & 1/2) and it was unreal. I might almost convert.

Gianduja Mousse, Hazelnuts, Honey, Banana, Brown Butter Ice Cream
Paired with Rum, Ron Zacapa, 23 Years Solera

Petits Fours
Leaving Le Bernardin....and MrP was fabulous about finding us a taxi
so I didn't have to walk in my heels again like I did for Wicked. Thanks, Hun!


1 comment:

  1. My mouth is drooling LOL! Sounds like you have a fabulous meal and look at that handsome couple :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis