Monday, July 6, 2009

Time to Panic?

Okay, so I have just under two weeks left before my Moose is Loose 10K Trail Run in the river valley.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Freaking out a little. And then I start to remind myself of MrP's comment from yesterday. "Who cares if you walk some? You're still getting out and doing it!" True statement. The fact of the matter is, I'm a bit of a spaz that way. If I do something, I like to do it well. Or at least respectably. Not that there's anything wrong with being the last in a group of 40 people within my age group - that still means I did better than the thousands of people who didn't even enter, but I have a bit of an issue with being in the bottom 20% of every event I participate in. I like to think I have a little pride, man! Let's be honest - I find it frustrating. Yes, I can do it. Rah, rah, me. But for whatever reason, I have dreams of grandeur. Delusions of adequacy. I don't know, but I want to be better than that. I want to finish at least in the middle of the pack!

Alright. Whew - that's off my chest now. I feel better. I said it. Now I can go right on ignoring it when I get the results of the run and find myself disgruntled and wishing I hadn't signed up for another on August 15th. I guess it's all in the name of fun and keeping active....now how many times will I have to repeat that to get it through my thick as a brick skull?

Yikes! Hopefully soon because I just agreed to run the Climb for Hope 5K with some of the Ladies of Leisure on Sept. 19th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis