Sunday, July 5, 2009

Show and See

Last night we went to the Broadway Award-Winning Best Musical, The Lion King. Phenomenal! Amazing! I can't believe the costumes. There was one of the animals that stood out to me a simply amazing - the cheetah. The lady who played her was so incredibly elegant, I couldn't stop staring. Oh -and the guy who was in our section at one point to create the flying birds...his arms were so lean & muscular. Wow! I would totally recommend it to anyone, young or old!

I started to make a thank you card for someone who pledged my walk, but using colors that I knew she'd love....and I somehow managed to change the sketch because I didn't want to cover up the poppin' pastels paper that I created. LOL!


Stamps: Brocade Basics, Elegant Thank You
Paper: Very Vanilla, Lovely Lilac, Vellum
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Versamark, Pastels, Nestabilities, White Ribbon, MM Flower Brad, Gel Pen

Techniques: Poppin' Pastels


So then I created this one, which adhered a little closer to the sketch. I'm happy with both of them, though =)


Stamps: Beautiful Life, Thank You Kindly
Paper: Groovy Guava, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Groovy Guava, Summer Sun, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Versamark, Pastels, Nestabilities
Techniques: Poppin’ Pastels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis