Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pluot?

Ever had a pluot? Raise your hand...
Wow - way more people than I thought. Apparently I'm a loser for never trying this fruit.

Wait! Yes, it's a fruit. Get your hand down. I said pluot, not poot. HAHA
You bunch of pooters... (if you don't know what a poot is, you're much classier than our house, where we refer to a toot that smells like....well you get the idea, I'm sure.)

Okay - so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's never tried a pluot. In fact, I'd never even heard of them until I saw them at my local grocery store. Of course, being a sucker for "weird" fruit, I picked up the pack before going back to work and googling them. Mine apparently are Dapple Dandy's according to my all-knowing friends at Wikipedia.
Speaking of Wiki, this photo was shamelessly borrowed from their website. I hope nobody minds! (Thanks, dudes!)

They're a cross between a plum and an apricot and they're DELICIOUSLY sweet and tasty! Give them a try!

Don't forget to scroll down for my earlier card post!

1 comment:

  1. A pluot? I can see where the name comes from I think I'll rename it simply as Plumcot or aprilum! It does look tasty!

    ((Lyn)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis