Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Viva La Thank You Week (almost!)

Well this card was completely necessary as a Thank You for a wonderful birthday gift and how suitable that the recipient was the sketch designer =)

Using Maureen's VLV May Week 2 sketch, and the Inkspirations Color Challenge #70, I came up with this card. I didn't have Blushing Bride, but used my Pink Pirouette instead as it was the closest I had. A little stitching, dry embossing and liquid pearls added to the butterfly were the less obvious details. The Thank You was stamped on the Perfect Plum, then layered in Vellum, which I colored over the text with my Spica to add some sparkle.


I knew I wasn't going to be able to make it for the color challenge since I wanted it to be received before I posted (although I'm not sure that has happened, I can't wait any longer to get them posted for the VLV challenge ends), but I was happy that it'll get me closer to finishing up the Viva La Verve sketches for the month!

Our trip out to Barrhead for the 4-H sale was productive and not nearly as traumatic as the last one I made. This year, I purchased a steer from what I've decided might be the coolest young guy ever - he had a Red Angus steer the color of BBQ sauce and named him Scrumptious! He assured us we made a great purchase and were getting ourselves a great piece of meat. I appreciate all those kids do, but wow - this kid was a fabulous salesman to top it off=)


3 comments:

  1. This is SO Pretty! Everything works together so well :) The dry embossing on the scallop adds a great bit of texture and the butterfly is beautiful with the pearl embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you know it's such a thrill to see my friends play along with my sketch :) I just love the colours you're using and that sweet tag :) Ah, good meat! Love it. Dad does the same here at our 4h...usually buys us a lamb and gets it cut up for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great double challenge card, Tanmy :) Of course I'm just loving the butterfly and the perfect touch of Maureen bling to boot! Great take on the Insp. colours too. Well done with the sketch and I know she will appreciate receiving it :)

    Love the cows name LOL! Glad the emotions weren't as high this year too. That would be a tough one on me too. Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis