Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Starting with some ThanQs

It really is true - there's nothing a little crafting time can't cure. Take me, for example. Since I'm not supposed to be running, I've been using my time to do a little playing around in my craft area. Moreover, I'm actually getting started on my Thank You cards! My visit to the physical therapist was very productive and as it turns out, it is my Achilles tendon and the surrounding muscles that are too tight, so I have 3x daily stretches, plus strength exercises every second day, daily icing and no running at least until I see her again on Friday.

In the meantime, I picked up some stamps and new Verve goodies to create this fun card using the Mojo 189 sketch and the latest ColorQ challenge.


My PTI felt got a first cut, too - the top layer of my flower is felt! It seemed to match my Groovy Guava paper well (which was my replacement for Peach Parfait since I don't own it) I think it's Melon Berry felt. The colors I used were the same except the Daffodil Delight (substituted So Saffron) and Peach Parfait (substituted Groovy Guava). I went over the sentiment (which was a fabulous freebie with an order - thanks Julee!) with my sakura gel pen to give it a nice shimmer.

8 comments:

  1. Love how you used the mojo sketch, Tanis. Hope to be able to get to it tomorrow or Sunday if all goes well. Crazy busy weekend here with cooking for the youth retreat. May be the perfect Mother's Day pressie - alone time with my Verve LOL!

    Love how you used the colourQ and your PTI flower looks marvelous. Have that die set on my hit list. Just have to wait until the move is all over with and to see if I get any M-Day crafting funds LOL!

    Glad to hear they found out what the issue was (well done Dr. Tanis). Soooo hard to not train when you are in a groove - been there done that many a time. Hang tight! You'll be in those running shoes before you know it. My daughter has a swollen tendon sheath in her right hand and is doing tons of icing and some anti-inflamitory cream. Stretching to follow at the next physio visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo, Achilles inury… Yay crafty goodness!!! Girl, you rocked this color combo and sketch!!! I LOVE this!!! Sunshiny, flowery awesomeness!!! Good luck with all the physio and I hope you get better news on Fri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes, hope you are healing and behaving by staying off it...I've wrecked my back and have been of the gym visits :( BUT, it gave you time to create this wonderful card, bursting with colour! Are you off work as well? hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT combo of the CQC and the mojo sketch (I did the same thing actually, great minds think alike;) I love your layered flower with the felt and the repeated sentiment on the stamped panel. Beautiful job, Tanis:) Thanks for joining us at CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card and design, Tanis! thanks for playing at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that flower is so awsome! I love the stamped thank you background paper too :) I hope you get good news about your Achilles when you visit PT again today...At least we reaped the bennies from you having to rest. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! Love that text stamped background. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous, great use of the colors....hope your day is fantastic!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis