Saturday, August 22, 2009
Saturday...perfect for crafting!
Stamps: Beautiful You
Paper: Basic Grey, Going Grey, Groovy Guava, Whisper White
Ink: Groovy Guava, Versamark
Accessories: Nestabilities, Silver Ribbon, Sakura Gel Pen, Brushed Silver Eyelets, Dimensionals
I created this card with the Viva La Verve Aug03 Sketch, using my brand spanking new Verve stamps! I love this Beautiful You set....such beautiful sentiments and that flower is divine!
Marie at Stamping Inspiration nominated me for this Kreativ Blogger award - a first for me and I'm so honoured!
To accept the award I have to do a few things:
Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
Copy the logo and place it on my blog.
Link the person who nominated me for this award.
Name seven things about me that people might find interesting.
Nominate seven Kreativ Bloggers.
Post links to the seven blogs that I nominate.
Leave comments on all seven blogs letting them know I nominated them.
Seriously?! Seven things people might find interesting?! I'm really NOT that interesting.
1. I'm getting back into jumping horses after a hiatus of about 12 years. I used to own a horse, but now I'm just taking lessons and enjoying it immensely. The cross country clinic I took at the beginning of August was the most fun I've had in quite a while =)
2. Every trip I take the the US (and every trip MrP or Chelsey take), always ends with some Almond Joys being brought home. The combination of coconut, almond and chocolate - scrumptious! Why I can't find them in Canada is beyond me.
3. I've been to two of the oldest NFL stadiums and I'm super excited because 2010 will be our NY trip - and we'll get to experience the newest stadium in the league! *fingers crossed it's a Jets game that's not against the Patriots so I can cheer with the home team!*
4. I pick most of the teams I cheer for by their logos initially. Having taken Graphic Communications, I'm very drawn to a well designed, clean & crisp logo. Like the NY of the Yankees & the "Flying Elvis" of my beloved Patriots . I'll even admit when there's a good logo for a team I don't cheer for (Houston Texans) or heck, even a team that I cheer against with obvious biased (Seahawks). LOL! Have I mentioned I enjoy the NFL?
5. I'd never been to an NHL game until I was 20 and the first Oilers game I went to, we lost, but I was smiling like an idiot because I'd had such a blast. I bought my Ryan Smyth jersey because I was a fan of not only the player, but what he did off the ice as well.
6. I've played quite a few musical instruments, but none of them very well. Played flute for 5 years, baritone sax for my grade 11 year and I received my Western Conservatory of Music Level I on my alto saxophone, which I sold about three months ago, after it collected dust in my closet for the last 10 years.
7. One day, I hope I grow up to be as talented as Julee, as pretty as Ree, or as witty as Hallie. In the meantime, I'll just be me =)
Oh my goodness - I forgot to add my nominees! These ladies are always inspiring me, although I'm sure they've all received this award about a billion times! =)
Amy at My Creative Clutter
Edna at Edna Studios
Jackie at Kreate with Me 2
Jeanette at Happy Thoughts & Inkspots
Maureen at Buttons & Bling
Mercy at Lord Have Mercy
Michelle at Inky Scraps