Thursday, July 29, 2010

A whole lotta colors for my first CC Color Challenge!

It's been a while since I played along with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge and I made time to play along with MTSC84 this week! I also incorporated the Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 40 since my friend Marisa is one of the DT and I'm always blown away by her creations.



The color combo, I thought, would work for my coworker who's last day is Friday. When I finished, I had my doubts as to whether the card was too girly, but MrP assured me that he honestly didn't think so, even with the sparkley fluff on the
flower, so off it goes.

I used my new Verve set Always on My Mind and the sentiment fits since he's leaving to do the work he's been training to do for 30 years instead of half-settling, which I'm glad to see - for him, but sad for me since we worked so closely.

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Stamps: Verve Always on My Mind
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red Textured, Kiwi Kiss & Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Real Red, Kiwi Kiss & Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Spots & Dots EF, Red Rhinestones, Nestabilities, Paper Piercer, Sparkley Fluff in Cherry, Glue Stick


7 comments:

  1. totally gorgous (WOW) use of color, Tanny! thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked these colours, Tanny! It took me some time to wrap my mind around them and you have done a great job with them :D Love the bold feel to the card and of course the Seeing Spots EF you used makes my heart sing LOL! Great card and thanks so much for playing along with us this week :D Have a fabulous day (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!! Fabulous use of these colours!!! Great sponging as well and the perfect sentiment...isnt' that set great? lovely little details :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the sketch! I love how you used the colors from the challenge and that silhouette of the flower is so pretty...She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy colors, you did a marvey job with the challenges on this one!!! So bright and cheerful!
    Blessings,
    kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Tanny! Love the fun colors - they're just so darn cheery :) The sponging is fabby too!The black really sets off the various layers - love it. I have to give this a try. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sponging and fantastic textures. Hope you're new co-worker is just as great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis