Monday, July 26, 2010

While great cyclists in France finished up their world famous tour this weekend, a lesser known event, took place. The Tour de l'Alberta took place in Morinville on Sunday and around 1000 cyclists took part in 20, 50, 100 and 185km bike rides in what is considered Alberta's largest recreational ride. It tours the French communities north of Edmonton and is put on by the Edmonton Bicycle and Touring Club. I joined the club earlier this year and joined in the 100km Tour yesterday. What a great time!

I was a little concerned when I was reading on FB about the 20 and 50K likely being just fine for a mountain bike (which is what I have - with changed out semi-slick tires) and no mention of the 100km ride being recommended for a non-road bike. Well I was bound & determined I was going to do it - and luckily, I wasn't the only one. It is, afterall, supposed to be a recreational ride! So five hours later, with four rest stops, which included a lunch break, we completed 100kms of riding. Such a great feeling of accomplishment.

Here's the crazy exercise friend and I at our lunch break!

And when I got home...and fabulous treat. MrP had done up the cement blocks in front of the garage door without me. I was totally dreading that, but it turns out, now I don't have to. We have a little more landscaping to do, but with all the rain we've received, we've had no problems keeping the grass lush (mowing should've happened yesterday, but I was too tired, so I took the picture without it!) MrP did the brickwork for my little flower bed a few weeks back....I just love it!

I've got a couple of cards to make this week for coworkers - one who's moving on and another who's recent promotion is taking him to northern BC. Both of which have devastated me, so I figure I'll take out my frustrations in my craft area. =)

Be sure to check back soon!

3 comments:

  1. You go girl :D Congrats on the ride, love your intro LOL! Look our Lance, here comes Tanny ;) Glad you made it in one piece and have a good time. Mr. P deserves a huge hug for his endeavours while you were away. Looks great and lucky you to have such a fabulous little flower bed to work with!

    Sorry to hear about the loss of two employees. Always hard when someone leaves. Hopefully their replacements will be nice! Have a fabulous week :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Tanny!!! Wow - no kidding - 100 kms is an AMAZING accomplishment! Your garage looks fantastic! Kuddos to Mr. P :)
    Can't wait to see your projects - even if they're for a sad occasion :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you rock chickie!!! I am famous for those photos where you hold the camera up and squish in :) You gals look great...What a fab accomplishment! And the garage and outside are looking good too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis