Friday, July 30, 2010

Subdued Friday

Viva La Verve! It's Friday - and I'm on a roll. Two cards in a row =)

This card was created using the VLVJuly2010 Week 4 sketch and I took my inspiration from the colors in the fabulous towels. I swear I thought I had a stamp with that pattern of leaves, but I couldn't find such a thing. I did, however, discover an old SU set that was given to me, so I used that since it was a little closer than my original plan of using my Verve leaves.

According to MrP, this is one of his favorites that I've done. He likes the simple color and design. The Great Expectations set is perfect for the promotion that my coworker received. Unfortunately for me, I won't have the pleasure of his sense of humor around the office much longer. Mind you, I can handle no more teasing me about how my Patriots are going to suck this year, so maybe it's a fair trade off!


I have my cross country horse jumping clinic this weekend and I can't wait. I'm just working on a couple of ideas for the Verve Blog Hop on August 1st! Yahoo - Vervey goodness!

Enjoy your Friday - we're off to Capital Ex tonight for some carnie food and see if we can find some crazy people on rides =)


   

Stamps: Verve Great Expectations, Old SU set
Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Brocade Blue, Bordering Blue
Ink: Brocade Blue
Accessories: Blue Ribbon, Dimensionals, Nestabilities, Snow Half Pearls

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful and elegant! Love the stamped leaves in the background and the pearls are a perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, Tanis...love the colours, perfect for a man :) I don't have that Verve set, but borrowed it from a friend...it's really great :) The pearls are the perfect accent :) See you at the hop on Sunday...just finished my post last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the colours in the towel. I almost used the towels myself :D The leaf image is lovely as are the nesties you used to frame that fabulous sentiment. Can see why MrP likes it so much!! You'll have to send your departing friend a Patriots card when the kick some butt LOL!

    Have a fabulous cross country riding lesson - how fun!! Look forward to seeing your card for the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on the colours and inspiration photo. Perfect shapes and ribbon Tanis.
    Have a blast at the Expo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, I love the soft colors and the pretty sentiment!
    blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis