Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Delicious Doodle to Get Mojo Going!

I loved the new Mojo 146 sketch and thought it would easily combine with what I had planned for this week's challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters. Our challenge was to celebrate the month with the fleur of the month...a waterlily or delphinium. Since Teri has some gorgeous flower sketches, I used her Delphinium, which I've adored in the creations she's made with it. Can you believe she drew this?! So talented!

This is my second somewhat failed attempt at the Nestabilities Out of the Box and I'm incredibly frustrated with having cut it incorrectly yet again, but I do love the end result of this card. I used Teri's trick and once I'd colored the flower, I color copied it (shhhh! I did it at work!) then I cut out the original in painstaking detail to be the top dimension.

My sentiment is one that my sweet and super talented friend Laural sent in a package of goodies a couple of weeks back that I haven't gotten around to trying out until now...thanks Laural!

Head over to the Sisterhood - Diane's got a fun prize this week and the lucky winner could be you!

    

Stamps: Delphinium from Delicious Doodles, Verve Heartfelt Greetings 
Paper: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Perfect Plum, Going Gray, Basic Gray, DP
Ink: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum
Accessories: Pencil Crayons, Gamsol, Wild Wasabi Ribbon, Sponges, Swiss Dots EF, Dimensionals                        

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful job on the coloring!! Love the card too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS creation with this lovely delphinium!! You did an excellent job with the technique ... it takes a little practice but I know once I got the hang of it, I use it all the time! GREAT layout too! As I already said ... GORGEOUS creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you re: the out of the box nesties frustrations! I cut off my pirate's feet and almost go his sword too LOL! Your flowers are gorgeous and well done with the Mojo sketch!! I'm not sure I"m going to attempt this one - yes, call me chicken! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awsome job using the Mojo sketch! I used it for my post tomorrow, but I like yours so much better than mine...lol. Never tried that Nestie thing yet, way to scared that I will screw it up...Whatever you did, it looks great with Teri's flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanny,
    This is gorgeous! I love your dimesion, the green and lilac are so lovely together! Simply a beautiful card!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing the 15k run and the *gulp* 60k bike ride! Huge congrats for finishing the exam too! You've been a busy gal!
    You've clearly lost none of your mojo - this card is stunning!!! I love how you've colored the flowers - WOW! I can't believe you cut those out by hand - you deserve an extra prize for that alone :) But seriously, this is amazing! I love your take on the sketch - fantastic inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning delphinium card! Love this card and image.
    Congratulations on all of your recent, very important accomplishments! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card- I love the color combo, and the flowers are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so lovely, Tanis...and I love what you did with the flowers...shhh, won't say anything!! Hope you are having some relaxing time now...we are getting our HEAT now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Tanis. Love the colouring and cutting! So detailed. Great job with that sketch and I love the use of pattern paper. Enjoying the weather lately =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tani this is so pretty, I love how you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so pretty!! The flowers are colored beautifully. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis