Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Verve Release Week = Challenges!


Stamps: Verve Beautiful You, Baroque Motifs
Paper: So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Delicate Dots DSP, White, Cool Caribbean
Ink: So Saffron, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Blue Ribbon, Dimensionals, Nestabilities


I found this color combination on Scrapitude and while searching for something to go with So Saffron, I came across this unusual combo. Coincidentally, I actually had an In Color assortment that included some of this Cool Caribbean paper, which is LONG retired and never been used.

I used the Verve Oct release sketch VSOCT09A for the sketch.

As a super treat, last night Chelsey came out to watch my ride. Wouldn't you know it, that's when Zeus decides to be a real butthead. I swear, animals know when it's time to really show how little a human is able to do =) LOL! But it did mean the world to me that she'd come out in the nasty weather and watch....thanks buddy!! I love ya =)

8 comments:

  1. Great colour combo!! Release week is always so exciting!! I have tons of Cool Caribbean!! I used some of it to make cards and favours for my wedding. I think I have 2 packs of it...if you ever run out ;) Started my challenge cards last night. I have them all mapped out on the sketch sheet and made the first one last night. Hopefully I'll get 2 done tonight and start posting...are you packing yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a fabulous colour combo and I love what you did with the baroque motif. It's nice to use up some of the old colours or paper isn't it. I know sometimes I feel guilty for buying something that's collecting dust...sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and I love the sentiment! That swirly set from SU! always catches my eye and makes for a fab background or focal point...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This IS a great color combo. I like the layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card again love the layout and colurs you have used love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanny, this is precious! I love your sentiment and this paper is gorgeous. Love your desing on this.
    blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Tanny! Love your choice of colors!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful take on the sketch :D I love Baroque Motifs and need to pull it out again!

    Love the name of the horse! I can see him in all his glory proving his IS Zeus and nobody will tell him what to do LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis