Friday, June 19, 2009

Self Control

For anyone with a hobby, it's often difficult to pass anywhere that provides entertainment to that facet. Well, now imagine that it's right next door....

Beside my office is a scrapbooking store and you can't imagine how often I thought I'd be there when I first started here. I look out at it every day through my large window panes. I see the crafters going in and out from 10am on. I think of the great things they're creating and damn it, I want to go over there. I'm sure they have a lot that I could add to my collection. Wait - that's the key. Collection. I've got a habit of collecting....but then not actually USING my supplies. Which leads to a backlog of embellishments and ideas that all get put on the backburner to the newest 'must have' item that I promise myself I really will do something with.

Well no more, I say! Today, I commit to at least three papercrafts per week. Mark it. June 19, 2009. I need to get cracking on card sketch challenges, color challenges, ways to use it challenges from Splitcoast. I have so many things that I don't even know how to use "properly", it's just sad! Each month that Chelsey & I get together at my house, I say "next month, we're learning how to use something that I haven't even opened" and each month, I get carried away with a new idea I discovered somewhere else. Thus, my supplies remain. Unopened. Unloved. But no more! Today, Chelsey, I commit to you....we will open something this month! =)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us!
    CK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis