Friday, October 21, 2011

I Left My Heart in San Francisco

And now I'm back for it! I seriously forgot how much I love this city - and FIGS! I'T not even kidding. Upon arrival, we met up with our shuttle and checked into our hotel...The Donatello and promptly went walking in search of transit passes.


After securing some 7 day passes, we ventured over to the Lululemon store to find MrP a jacket since the comment from the bike tour guy was to wear layers since it would be "cold, cold, cold to start". Lulu was closed, so instead we found some supper at Scala's Bistro. Anyone who watches Top Chef regularly may recognize contestants Tim Nugent and Jen Biesty (personally, I didn't...but I watch reality tv less than MrP).

Scala's Bistro


My Supper - a reminder of the deliciousness of figs!!Coastal Greens Salad with Black Mission Figs, Toasted Almonds and Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette

Cute guy with my tasty wine
2008 Rosenblum Cellars Old Viness Zinfandel
 
Enjoying Supper

MrP's Appy Salad
Butter Lettuce, Heirloom Cucumbers, Baby Carrots, Radishes,
Creamy Tarragon Vinaigrette, Fine Herbs

MrP's Entree
Orecchiette & Italian Sausage - Spicy Calabrian Sausage, Broccoli di Ciccio,
Parmigiano, Bread Crumbs

Dessert
2009 St. Supry Muscato
Milk Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Pecan Crust, Chocolate Gelato, Chocolate Sauce

After supper, a walk to Niketown, followed by a pricey trip to The North Face store for MrP's shopping for the trip =)

All in all, a darn good day!

3 comments:

  1. Dinner looked yummy! Can't wait to hear more about the trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM Tanny!!! WOW! I so love your photo journals :) Hope you're having a wonderful trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious start to your stay! The food looks fabulous and your hotel room looks so stylish...Enjoy the rest of your stay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis