Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Little Last Minute Mojo!

Today, I had the goal of completing the Mojo 185 sketch and at least one Viva La Verve Challenge after my 9K run with my running group. I actually did it, too! LOL Mind you, MrP thinks is too busy for his preference, so I plan to redo the VLV card but I'll post it tomorrow anyways and give it a retry. It is pretty busy (and I appreciate his honesty).

Anyways, onto the Mojo sketch, which as always is a beauty. I just picked up a martha Stewart edge puncher so I had to give it a go (as well as some ribbon that was on sale at Michael's last week and my latest SU! stamp purchase from my enabler friend Chelsey)
The sentiment is from Verve's Birthday Bash - one of my go to birthday sets.


The color combo I went with was a modification of a SCS challenge - I used Pink Pirouette, Purely Pomegranate, Basic Gray and Whisper White. I've never been much of a pink fan, but I've always loved the combination of pink & grey.

I haven't been around much lately with the crazy busy life that I lead (and all the shopping I've been doing, restocking my wardrobe for my big 3-0 in two weeks), but I hope you're all well and I will be getting a little more active on the blog...I had far too much fun making cards today - and I'm hosting Wednesday's Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge with some Easter fun!

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Tanis!! Love that big flower - have been eying it for a while and wondering if I should get it or not...hmmm....you are pushing me closer in the get it direction.

    Absolutely love that colour combo - can't go wrong with pink and grey or pink and black in my books. Border punch looks fabulous and loving the touch of silver twine on the button in the flower. A winner in my books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I just got this stamp and matching punch in my order last week. Thanks for giving me the inspiration to pull it out and give it a try. This card is beautiful and I love the colors, not to mention the perfectly tied bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Love the bit of bling and perfect little bow. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! That blossom image is to die for!! What a stunning card...rats, my birthday is really far away and I can't claim this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Tanny!!! WOW! This is just so GORGEOUS!!! WOW! What a fabulous color combo! Fabulous take on the sketch! LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis