Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Irish Wish for a Friend

This week we're celebrating St. Patrick's Day at the Sisterhood of Crafters...and while I discovered I don't have ANY irish-themed stamps, I did my best and found "A Wish For A Friend" on this website that I thought would work to make a cute card.

The Viva La Verve March Week 1 sketch provided a good starting place and some old designer series paper from SU worked well for the different papers in the same family.

The sentiment says:
Wishing you a rainbow
For sunlight after showers
Miles and miles of Irish smiles
For golden happy hours
Shamrocks at your doorway
For luck and laughter too,
And a host of friends that never ends
Each day your whole life through!


I think it's a great one and I hope to use it again. Join us over at the Sisterhood and show us your Irish best =)

Sorry I haven't been around much - life's been throwing me a few curveballs in the spare time department, but it should be getting less crazy soon, I hope. Until then, keep fit & have fun (oh my goodness - I had a Body Break moment....from back in the day. You know you're Canadian if you have any idea what I'm talking about - thank you Hal Johnson & Joanne McLeod! =) )

9 comments:

  1. This poem is an awesome find, perfect for this card! Love the papers you used to make this St. Patty's card which has to be the most elegant one in all of blogland :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I would have never put that color combo together but seeing it, it's awesome!!!! Love it. Love that sentiment too.

    Ok, so I'm not Canadian but since I know all about life's curve balls....sending big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Tanny, I just love this poem and have never heard it before....permission to copy and use :) So beautiful and I'm "hoping" in my egocentric way that you made it with me in mind :D oh, and btw...the PTI order is STILL not here! It's never taken this long and I have 2 emails into Customer Service...Jennifer emailed me this morning and they are looking into the tracking...fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work with the Verve sketch, Tanis! Love the sentiment and your green four leaf clover :) Had a flash back to the Body Breaks when your mentioned it LOL! Glad it worked out for you. Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...you totally brought back the Body Break moments. Love your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card GF!!! LOVE the mix of DPs - STUNNING! What a great poem too :) Hope things slow down for you soon too!
    Body break!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tanis I just love your work! You always do such amazing cards. I may need to steal that sentiment if I ever get a card made in time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely poem to accompany a great card! I love the combination of colours on this & the beautiful layers xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a pretty card! I love all the DPs and shamrock embellies :D so excited to join all you talented ladies this month at The Sisterhood!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis