Friday, August 10, 2012

Sweet Birthday Wishes : A Center Step Card

HAPPY FRIDAY!


On our last craft date, Chelsey & I attempted a Center Step Card for the first time. I can assure you, it won't be the last. We both absolutely loved the non-traditional style of this card and it was easier than it looked to create the very cool fold. Add in the fact that we had the latest In Colors to work with, plus some new rubber and Voila!


My card used the fabulous new Raspberry Ripple, as well as some Taken with Teal and Costco paper pad prints that have been in my collection of paper literally forever. The lovely flower is from a SU! Set that was a recent special purchase with a minimum order which I unfortunately can't seem to find the name of. The text is from the fabulous Waltzingmouse Compact Sentiments set. I loved the effect of the fun Open Bracket Die-namic, even thought it seemed pretty fussy to work with at the time. I finished off the flower with some Clear Spica Glitter pen and a winner was born (at least in my mind). I wish I'd been smart enough to take photos at the time because Chelsey did a really lovely card with the new Midnight Muse, a little Bashful Blue & some retired SU! designer series Maine Blueberry paper.

Tonight my mom, MrP and I are taking my oldest niece to see Cirque du Soleil's Quidam. It's a surprise to her (as is the fact that she's getting a double date that includes Auntie, who is her favorite person for some crazy reason). Unfortunately, I looked into it after agreeing to go and didn't realize it's going to feature a bunch of clowns...which I don't love. I'm hoping the aerial works and such will keep me entertained enough to forgive the existance of the stupid clowns. I've never been a fan of circuses for that very reason, but I'm sure it'll be a fun time with a young one to watch oooh and aaaah. :)

Tomorrow, I'm going on a 75km bike ride, which I'm very excited for, as I haven't been on Beauty Bike since Monday. Thankfully, I did manage a couple of early morning runs this week, so I haven't felt too guilty about not riding. What can I say?! I have a problem! HAHA

I hope you have a wonderful Friday!

3 comments:

  1. ah, WMS stamps! LOVE that set and these colours are making me drool! Dramatic! We are getting that Cirque here next week...didn't get tickets, though...missed the boat on that! It looks fabulous! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful card! I love everything from the cool die to the coordinating papers to the lovely flower! I've only made this type of card once, and this is much better than mine. May have to try again :) You have one heck of a weekend planned, enjoy it all! Well, except for those pesky clowns. I'm not freaked by them, but I'm also not entertained by them either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birthday card is absolute perfection Tanny! Love the dies and the colours, truly elegant! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, have a lovely weekend, hugs, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis