Thursday, January 5, 2012

Big Wish : Another November VLV Sketch

Apparently another creation I didn't share - not sure if that was a photo issue as well or because it was due around the time that I mailed it and I didn't want the recipient to see it. Either way, it's long overdue and she's got it now!


Such a fun sketch, but I really struggled with it. Finally, I went with a stamped kraft background and used up some versamarked/hologram embossed dots that I'd created ages ago. The colors were inspired by the designer paper of the other card I created at the time (yesterday's post).

The highway to get to work yesterday was a complete gong show, so I'll be leaving early today and hoping there's been no more freezing rain since last night when I got home from spin. Off to use up another Hot Yoga class tonight - I believe that'll leave me with 9 remaining to be used by the 23rd.

This Saturday, Chelsey and I are attempting to make French Macarons in a class. I can't wait! I love eating them, but they're notoriously difficult according to most. Now to find myself a cute apron to wear during class ;)

Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. Love the flowered BG as well as how you incorporated one on the setniment panel. Of course, where there are dots I am happy too :) We had 10C here yesterday - sorry to hear you got freezing rain :( Best of luck with the macaroons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go girl!! It's only the 5th!! Lots of days left :) The cooking class sounds yummy :) And what a lovely card with some delicious melon colours :) I heard that tangerine orange is the colour of 2012 :) Stay safe !! You might have to stay home from work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are awesome, what a fab stamp! They look great in the background, and I like the way there is one little one peeking in on the sentiment circle! And that perfectly placed bling which is like a little trademark of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool website, Tanny! Lovely to meet you! Can't wait to see a post about you making your own French Macarons!
    :)
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful birthday card!!! So digging those colors!
    French macaroons? YUUUUM!!! How did they turn out?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis