Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Catching up with The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Hello friends! I've finally had some time to craft and I've used it to catch up on a couple of Sisterhood challenges. Last week, Micki had a Germany challenge and I'm using the red/black/yellow of the flag on this sympathy card for a friend who lost her Granny.

I've also used this week's challenge - wax paper resist technique. I'd never tried this before and I had so much fun making different colors using my paper. Head over to The Sisterhood to check out what the more obviously talented ladies created for Darlene's challenge! =)

I used a stamp set that just arrived with my latest Verve order - Forever in our Hearts and boy do I love the sentiments in it! I've also used the Mojo Monday Sketch #140 as my inspiration for the layout.


Stamps: Verve Forever in Our Hearts
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Glossy White, More Mustard
Ink: More Mustard, Basic Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug Spots & Dots Embossing Folder, Golden Rhinestones, Black Button, Black Ribbon

I've had a busy week and the long weekend was a gong show, as well. I did, however, get out for my first 12 holes at a small golf course with MrP and his friend and a 43K bike ride on Monday, which is good training for the MS Bike Tour I'm heading out on June 12 & 13, but it sure isn't the 93kms/day that I'll be doing. Oh well. I guess some training is better than none and my bootcamp is awesome, even being a tough class with a 3x olympic athlete. =)

This weekend I'm volunteering for the Edmonton City Chase and I can't wait to see what they have me doing. MrP's birthday is on Monday and I'm looking forward to taking him out for supper to celebrate (and my riding lesson that night since I missed it this week being a long weekend) Here's to one more work day before I get my scheduled day off!

8 comments:

  1. I love your take on the mojo sketch and that sentiment is beautiful with the leaf stamp. Along with guy cards, sympathy is one of the hardest for me to make. You hit the right tone with the sentiment and look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is just beautiful.. Such a lovely sentiment.. Great Resist job..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an AMAZING job on this creation! Absolutely gorgeous! Yes, it's a very busy time for everyone it seems! Have a wonderful, fun time out there this weekend ... but be careful ... we need you back here safe & sound!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Verve stamps and this is so sweet and lovely!! Doesn't the resist just make your stuff pop? I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Tanny! This is so lovely - you've done the colors of the German flag proud :) It's also a gorgeous sympathy card! Glad to hear you enjoyed your Victoria Day weekend - we've got Memorial Day weekend coming up down here this weekend - YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AND you work full time? How do you do it all :) ? Oh, I love this stamp set...I've used it so many times...you will continue to enjoy it, even if it is a sympathy set...Gorgeous paper you made and love the little blingy details :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you make such beautiful goodness when your so busy biking, riding, and working? This card is just lovely. The colours are wonderful and the texture is fabulous. Beautiful vervy stamping goodness too. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely LOVE this card, Tanny!! Great wax resist and use of the mojo sketch :D I always love and over stamped image on a sentiment. Happy Birthday to Mr. P :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis